Monday, September 14, 2009

6th June 2009


When sahana ma'am said cold night 2day in class---it reminded me of my bday... my 18th bday:D

and all the things tat happen tat day flashed by...in great detail...very vivid...

It was one of my best bdays. It was on a saturday and my parents organised a stay over at my mom's office's retreat place(not a fancy resort and all...but just a place of serenity n rejuvination)
My parents, (one of) my best friend-Shruti, my favorite brother(cousin), his wife, another 2nd cousin(who i admit i donno very well), my other sis-in law's family...all of them were there to celebrate my bday with me.
The cold night--->

it was a realllllllly cold night, n a bonfire was set up. A
nd that's when i had my first alchoholic drink (officially :P). before that there was cake cutting(which i didnt expect, coz my parents didnt make me cut any 4 the last 3-4 yeras).

And the gifts-> i LOVE opening presents..not 4 the material value but I think just the fact that whoever gave it...gave it with so much love(at least tats wat i think anyway), n all of them made mme cry(i was all senti..).
My other best friend (priyanka) with my mom's help made me a kinda-photo album
with all my pics--4m the time i was a toddler to how i am now...with birth certificate, 1st grade report cards and wat not! And it was titled 'crystillus of a princess'...and i got it at a time when I lost faith in the whole fairytale concept of life, when I believed I was ordinary,not a princess. So it holds a spl place:) Shruti gave me a book called 'the god of Small things' (' I think every mallu SHD read this book' she said) and a handwritten letter(she's an awesome writer) and i cannot express in mere words what tat letter means to me! My parents at midnight gave me my first phone-MY phone(no more sharing mamma's phone). It popped out suddenly 4m behind my daddu(tats wat i call my dad)'s hand while they came to gimme a hug whilst singing 'happy b'day'. My cousin gave me a ''world edition'' monopoly set(bcoz i love playing monopoly when every1s around).
My "first" drink was a breezer-cranberry flavour. It tasted a lil bitter(but all alchoholic drinks taste like tat--which is kind of a turn off :P..). the evening and night passed with the usual(but very loveable) family conversations(hillarious)...of which shruti was part of (surprisingly--pleasantly offcourse).














And s
o, my bday night passed- the best bday EVER!~~> with all the things that was impt to me---my family, friends, food (:P), fun, and AWESOME weather(it was gloomy and dull the entire day--chill..exactly the way i like it---it was like nature's gift to me :)..im not a sunshine-liking person). The next morning, after a walk and breakfast, we decided to inaugurate my monopoly...and so we sat down. I finished 3rd, my sis-in-law 2nd, n my dad 1st...my brother was the banker, and it was shruti's first ever monopoly, n really--she wasn't so bad...so kudos to you<3.>


Even though the weekend wasn't about the 'freakin out' kinda fun--its just what i needed---the calmness and serenity..the sense of fulfillment..the bonding n figuring myself out...realising tat the ppl i love and care abt love me 2:)
And tat bings me to the end of sharing my 18th
bdayl...i feel satisfied n calm..bcoz i wanted to talk abt it in class 2day...i was telling prerna abt it...


No comments:

Post a Comment