Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Torture

Yesterday night I was sitting in my room when one of my roommates showed me an article about a girl called Junko Furuta.She was a girl in Japan who was held captive in a house by four boys.There she was raped countless times and tortured to death in unimaginable and incomprehensible ways for 44 days!She was 16 years old.The description of her suffering was given in the article.I went through it and couldn't stop shivering for the next few minutes.It was disgusting to think that man could be so cruel and inhuman to a living being.The incident took place 20 years ago.One of the most disturbing parts of this story is that her killers are now free!
There are many girls in our society who have gone through similar experiences,being victims of physical, mental or emotional torture.Their torturers being free to live the way they like.I am posting this because I feel something has to be done about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment